Long Hill Township, New Jersey
Long Hill Township was originally part of the “Lord Stirling Grant” which included much of the area from Summit to Bernardsville between Morristown and Watchung. In 1866 the original entity called Passaic Township was formed in the most southern part of Morris County, bounded by the Passaic River on the south and west and by the Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge on the north. In 1992, the voters elected to change the name of the municipality to Long Hill Township. It consists of four communities: the villages of Gillette, Millington, Sterling and the hamlet of Meyersville.
Long Hill Township is a rural residential community characterized by open space, attractive residential neighborhoods and tree-lined streets. The Township is one of the least dense and most scenic municipalities in Morris County.
A strong public school system supports the area including the highly regarded Watchung Hills Regional High School. Dotted with impressive shopping malls, Long Hill Township is only a 30 minute drive from the Short Hills Mall, Newark Liberty International Airport and Routes 78 and 287. Excellent commuter train service to Hoboken is available on NJ Transit with direct connections to Wall Street and Penn Station in New York City
Take A Photo Tour Of Long Hill Township, New Jersey:
Click an image below, to view the slideshow.
Email this Page